Thursday, April 1, 2021

March TV Finales - Snowpiercer - Season 2

Snowpiercer is one of those shows I discovered on Netflix during the craziness of 2020. The TNT (Netflix in Australia) series is based on both the 2013 film of the same name, directed by Bong Joon-ho (yes the Parasite guru).

Rowan Blanchard, Steven Ogg and Sean Bean also joined Jennifer Connelly and Daveed Diggs in the second season.

Prior to studio shutdowns that occurred due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States, most of the second season's production was completed. The second season premiered late January, concluding late March. Hence my post title March TV Finale. I know it's April Fools/April already.

The series has also been renewed for a third season, set to air in 2022? Well maybe who knows. There was barely six months between seasons one and two. Which is almost a miracle given how little can be filmed at present.


I'm a little lost with this series, it was easier binging all ten season one episodes. Watching it week to week followed by a random week off then a double finale week was tougher to keep up with the plots.

I can't say I am on the edge of my seat waiting for season three. TNT has some fine programming Animal Kingdom, Claws and formerly the Dallas remake. 

Snowpiercer is one of those shows you sometimes pop on, then find yourself buried deep, deep in your phone.

It looks good, despite most episodes being shot in tiny confined train carriages. If you are looking for a good binge over Easter, this might not be the best, but it's a show you should really just go back to back episodes with.

A COVID discovery was maybe more interesting the first time around given how bored we were in 2020. I will still give season three a go. I can't guarantee I won't be more focused on my phone though.

No comments: