Sunday, April 25, 2021

Return to Cinema 2021 - Every Breath You Take

Every Breath You Take starring Casey Affleck (Triple 9), Michelle Monaghan (True Detective - season one) and Sam Claflin (The Hunger Games). Basic plot of the film is, a therapist finds his family life disrupted after the death of a patient, once her brother introduces himself.


While the twist is something my man saw coming, I was slightly surprised. It has had bad reviews which is sad as I actually had high hopes for this film.

Some of the dialogue was second rate, whilst Casey Affleck at times looked bored out of his brain.

The scenery in Vancouver is sensational for the filming. Yes it's set in Washington state, but from my year in Vancouver I could tell that beautiful scenery belonged to the city close to my heart. They even talk about holidaying in British Columbia in the film.

Every Breath You Take is an old school thriller with some sexy twists and psychological turns, however it does suffer from a poor script substandard casting.

The second half sees the film improve slightly, however I can only pass this one due to my high expectations. 2.5 Stars.

No comments: