Thursday, November 11, 2021

Return to Cinema (take two) 2021 - Eternals

Eternals is yet another superhero film based on the Marvel Comic.

Starring Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lia McHugh, Brian Tyree Henry, Lauren Ridloff, Barry Keoghan, Don Lee, Harish Patel, Kit Harington, Salma Hayek, and Angelina Jolie. 

In short, the Eternals, an immortal alien race, emerge from hiding after thousands of years to protect Earth from their ancient counterparts, the Deviants.

It received mixed reviews from critics, who praised its themes and visuals, but criticized its exposition, pacing, runtime, and lack of character development. This is the first Marvel film in a while to receive negative feedback.


Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings was a much better Marvel film in my mind. Clocking in at 157 minutes, this film is totally a blown out action film. Give me a 90 minute action film any day please!

Marvel tried throwing everything at the film. Even including young Harry Styles in one of the end credits scenes. I didn't stay for the final end credits scene, I was tired it was almost 10pm on a Wednesday night.

The return to the cinema has been a little rocky this second lockdown return. I have to admit going to the cinema has not been as enjoyable after another four months without the cinema. I have ZERO interest in rushing out to see the latest James Bond film. I will eventually see it, however after this and The Last Duel I am a little tired of three hours sitting on my ass.

We had months to sit on our expanding asses over winter.

The Eternals looks visually great, just the storyline, dialogue, character development and ending, leaves the viewer a little cold resenting Disney/Marvel. God knows how the new Spiderman will fare.

I'll pass this just, for that gay kiss, 2.5 Stars.

No comments: