Sunday, November 21, 2021

Return to Cinema (take two) 2021 - No Time to Die

No Time to Die is my fifth venture back to the cinemas since the last long ass lockdown. Am I enjoying cinema as much as I was prior to this lockdown? I'm unsure. Has streaming actually broken our desires to go to the cinemas.

This was Daniel Craig's in his fifth and final outing as the fictional British MI6 agent James Bond. 

Starring Léa Seydoux, Ben Whishaw, Naomie Harris, Jeffrey Wright, Christoph Waltz, Rory Kinnear, Ralph Fiennes, Rami Malek, Lashana Lynch, Billy Magnussen, Ana de Armas, David Dencik and Dali Benssalah also starring. 

In No Time to Die, Bond, who has left active service with MI6, is recruited by the CIA to find a kidnapped scientist, which leads to a showdown with a powerful adversary.

Billie Eilish performs the theme song, which ended up coming out way before the film. The 13 February, 2020 to be exact.

No Time to Die, eventually had its world premiere at the Royal Albert Hall in London on 28 September 2021. Almost 2 years after it was initially scheduled for release. Apparently it was first scheduled for release in November, 2019.


My one major issue with No Time to Die was its length. Almost three hours in length, add in cinema ads, it was three hours. So on a Friday night after a long ass week, an 8-11pm film was not my jam.

I honestly did nod off a few times. It was an action packed Bond affair, however it was slightly complicated, long winded along with jumping all over the place. Rami Malek (Mr Robot) was fine as the villain. However this was not really my jam.

No spoiler alerts, however with so many gun shots fired at the 53 year old Craig, how does every shot manage to miss Bond? How does he always end up with super young women? How does everyone Bond shoots ends up dying?

Maybe I am just getting old, want some more real, but for me No Time to Die was a bit of a snooze fest. I'll pass it for a decent ending. 2.5 Stars.

No comments: