Saturday, January 22, 2022

Summer Slack TV Finales - Wolf Like Me - Season One/miniseries

Wolf Like Me is the latest Stan original (in association with NBCUniversal and Peacock) starring  Isla Fisher and Josh Gad.

Landing on Stan on 13 January 2022, I am happy to say a few days later after a positive review from my parents, I have now completed all six episodes.

What is more to love is the six episodes are less than 30 minutes each. Much shorter than other January Stan original The Tourist.

So what's it about? Here is the trailer, brief plot summary below.

Gary and Mary are in a new relationship but both have baggage. Gary is an emotional wreck and struggles to provide for his daughter since the death of his wife. Mary has a secret she can't bring herself to share with anyone. The universe brought these two together for a reason, they just need to keep following the signs.

The six-part series also stars Ariel Donoghue, Emma Lung and Anthony Taufa, Jake Ryan, Robyn Nevin (killing at the moment, loved her in The End) and local legend Nash Edgerton.

The series was filmed in the Inner West of Sydney in the suburbs of Forest Lodge, Glebe, Ashfield and Ashbury, Western Sydney and regional NSW. Although they claim its Adelaide in the storyline. I had a sneaking suspicion though it wasn't South Australia. Then I did my research, I turned out to be right. For once.

I didn't enjoy this as much as my family did. However it wasn't a bad watch. An easy watch, yes but at end of each episode I wasn't dying to watch the next one.

It has a supernatural twist (the title might give this away) which I wasn't expecting till my parents told me a little about the series.

However all that said, give it a go, you can watch it in one sitting/evening. After Life is a much better watch so maybe just add this to your watch list for a rainy day or public holiday Wednesday next week.

Still good to see a number of new, interesting local series. Just funny that hardly any of them (excluding the ABC and SBS) air on free to air TV anymore.

No comments: