Friday, April 29, 2022

The Masked Cinema 2022 - The Lost City

The Lost City is the latest in my The Masked Cinema 2022 series.

Starring Speed legend Sandra Bullock & Channing Tatum. Bullock is a novelist along with cover model (Tatum), who must escape a billionaire (Daniel Radcliffe) and find the lost ancient city depicted in one of her books. Da'Vine Joy Randolph stars as Bullocks wild agent whilst Brad Pitt also stars.

Filming took place in the Dominican Republic from May to August 2021. The film has grossed over $128 million worldwide thus far making it a bit of a film success story in 2022.


To be honest the above trailer really covers a lot of the best parts.

Sitting through this film after seeing the trailer a number of times, I felt like I already knew where the film was going. The only surprise has to do with Mr Brad Pitt. No spoilers here though. Except the fact there is a random, weird, totally confusing mid credits additional scene.

I saw the film with a mostly full audience. Now for a film billed as action-adventure-comedy, it's a little light on the comedy side of things. A good tell tale sign is, audience laughter. There was very little during this screening. I don't recall laughing out loud once.

I really wanted to like this film. I liked what I saw of Tatum's body, along with the fact I like Bullock, a lot.

I'll pass this one, 2.5 Stars. Come on 2022, where all the good/decent films at y'all?

No comments: