Monday, October 31, 2022

Spring Season 3 Ender - Ramy

Back in August 2020, I discovered Ramy. I smashed both seasons back to back on Stan. It's one of those random Hulu titles that slipped through the cracks, got a deal outside of Disney+ and streams on a competitors platform.

The third season premiered on September 30, 2022. All ten episodes landed on Stan, giving me another show I discovered through the fog of COVID to catch up on.

These shows are building up, whilst some are being cancelled, there is a lot more content out there now, that I first discovered through the fogs, the large amounts of home life during 2020/2021.

Ramy has been praised for its portrayal of American Muslims when most Western pop culture depictions are "usually as the bad guys"

Ramy follows "a first-generation American Muslim who is on a spiritual journey in his politically divided New Jersey neighborhood. 

It explores the challenges of what it is like being caught between an Egyptian community that thinks life is a moral test, and a generation that thinks life has no consequences."


I compared it to Insecure in my first post. There is some random sex in season three, however it is more about a young guy, trying to find love, faith and purpose. Something we can all relate to. It gives viewers a different point of view.

A series that is based in New Jersey but tackles problems all 30-somethings have in this modern world. Love, lust, faith, meaning. Yeah it's a comedy, but it is also deep.

It was a fine third season, it does end on a possible final ending, however I could see Hulu renewing this for a fourth and final or possible many more seasons to come.

In Australia you can get back into Ramy (if like me you watched it previously) or you could be discovering for the first time. Like a number of series there was over a two year gap between seasons two and three. However this is a damn easy watch. I was done quick smart, even with all my weekly shows continuing.

Praise be, it's Halloween today, allowing me to catch up!

No comments: