Sunday, June 18, 2023

Stay in da House Cinema 2023 - Extraction 2

I was not sure whether I had watched, Extraction the Chris Hemsworth action film. On Friday the sequel dropped, so I just jumped in head first to the sequel. I will add the OG film to my watch list, however as far as action films go I think these are all by the numbers, action films.

That said there was one scene on a glass, on a high rise, which had me sweating bullets in the middle of winter. It was HECTIC AF!

Directed by Sam Hargrave and written by Joe Russo, based on the graphic novel Ciudad by Ande Parks, Joe Russo, Anthony Russo, Fernando León González, and Eric Skillman. 

The sequel comes a few years after the first film in 2020.

Joining Chris Hemsworth (with an Aussie accent and all) is Golshifteh Farahani, Adam Bessa, Olga Kurylenko, Daniel Bernhardt, Tinatin Dalakishvili and Idris Elba. Man Elba also does some DOPE dance music. Listen below if keen. Below the trailer and film score that is.


Extraction 2 other than Riverdale (weekly) has been my return to Netflix. Sadly this Fall season, I have moved more to Paramount+ and others.

The film has been meet with positive reviews, with praise for its performances (particularly Hemsworth), cinematography, editing and action sequences.

The action scenes were wild, highly violent, but damn decent for a small scene film.

I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I did however do this in two sittings due to also seeing the (LONG) new The Flash film.

All in all, Hemsworth with his OG Aussie accent helps this across the line to 3 stars in a busy streaming action field!

No comments: