Saturday, April 6, 2024

Post Strike Cinema 24' - Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire

Wow so I totally missed a Ghostbusters film at the pictures. I saw the 2016 all female edition. However I somehow missed the 2021, Ghostbusters: Afterlife film. Well the world was going completely bat shit crazy back then!

So on a Saturday afternoon I was off to see, Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire.

This is the fifth film in the Ghostbusters franchise, starringPaul Rudd, Carrie Coon, Finn Wolfhard, Mckenna Grace, Celeste O'Connor, Logan Kim, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Annie Potts, and William Atherton.

With newcomers to the Ghostbusters franchise Kumail Nanjiani, Patton Oswalt, Emily Alyn Lind, and James Acaster.

So maybe I need to see Afterlife? Or I will just take you on today's journey. Set three years after the events of Afterlife, the veteran Ghostbusters must join forces with their new recruits to save the world in New York City from a death-chilling god who seeks to build a spectral army.

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire opened late last month. With school holidays finally incoming now Easter is done, the film looks to be a success.

The sequel has grossed over $115 million worldwide, making it the tenth highest-grossing film of 2024.


Money is fine, but is it any good? Look if I am honest it felt a little all over the shop.

There was so loud school holidays brats in my session, however at times they were more entertaining than this film. The reboot, the sequel, the breathing life back into old franchises is really getting tired.

Although at the the conclusion of the film, I did hear younger members of the audience singing the OG theme song. Maybe the younger crowd will breathe new life into this franchise.

I can't pass this film as I almost nodded off a couple of times. 2 Stars.

No comments: