Thursday, October 25, 2007

SPAM: October BLOG ALERT!

Yo Yo Yo Yo,

Well what a couple weeks, my nerd box has had a very quiet time over the past few weeks so here is what I have been up to!

A BIG Happy 26th to you out there Beryl first off! Happy days ahead, dying to see you on a dance floor somewhere @ next years Good Vibrations festival. The announcement of the line up is next Wednesday 31/10 or you can check out their website: http:www.goodvibrationsfestival.com.au

My first BIG event was Don's Party. What a year Sydney Theatre has had and what a year they will have next year. They really know how to put an amazing show on. Don't Party was no exception, great set, great play to start with and great actors. A great venue also in Sydney Opera House's intimate Drama Theatre. A big thanks to Yvette for being my sexy Blonde date for the night.

Next on my Theatre list for the week was one for the parents, Dicken's Women @ Sydney Theatre, Walsh Bay. Miriam is a bit of a diva and has starred in one of those Harry Pothead films. She was great however the topic was a little dull for me, one of 6 that was under 100 in the whole venue, downstairs there was walking frame races, two up, more camel Toe than a day out in Egypt and a lot of piss on the male toilet floor. Why is it when you get old you lose your aim?

I then saw Miss Saigon for the fourth time in Sydney. I didn't cry however this time, I was an emotional wreck, the new Kim is simply amazing! If you really need a good cry this show is definitely for you!

I then moved onto the music scene on Tuesday night at Sydney's Metro theatre for Ben Lee and Lisa Mitchell. Lisa was one of the only Idol's to ever interest me. She is cute, she could even be a younger Sarah Blasko or Mistress Higgins and she is going to be one hell of a star one day in the near distant future. She also played the right card by covering a simply beautiful Kate Miller Heidke track 'Space they Cannot Touch", beautiful.

Ben Lee came on in a Countdown style gold suit, FAB! He sang nearly every song that the crowd loved, Into the Dark, Cigarettes will Kill You, American Television, Love me Like the World is Ending were all in his first set.

Now the encore was a given as he hadn't sang Catch my Disease, as previously discussed it does piss me off that an encore is a given these days. However the encore was great, starting out with the Bon Jovi like "Sex without Love", I hated this song the first time I heard it, now I love it! Catch my Disease was a lovely sing a long, whilst the totally unplugged finale of "Were all in this Together" was so 60's, it was free love and lot's of Kumbaya moments. FAB!

He really is a true performer and despite what some will say, he will be around for a long time to come. He shit's all over a lot of the other male talent in this country including the Noll Brothers!

I also dropped into the Phantom of the Opera launch in Sydney. Anthony Warlow what a star!

The other girl who plays the female lead was rather BLAH, but I guess you can't have everything looking at the Young Diva's, oh wait a second, they are all shit.

Another entry all jam packed full of election news and gossip will be coming soon at a large cost to all tax payers.

Don't forgot the Liberians starts next Wednesday on the ABC right after the Chaser, it looks awesome. Happy Spring!

No comments: