Friday, October 12, 2007

Tears & Theatre

Hello Australia!

Again it has been a while between drinks but hey, it's better late than never. I hope you all enjoy the tasty attachment (from this week's BLOG alert) that has caused yet another Rugby League scandal and the 2007 season is well and truly over!

Now I have been off to a few events recently and will talk about them shortly.
The BIG news first however this week is the sad passing of Celine on Summer Heights High, I actually shed a tear when her tribute came up at the end of the episode!

Now my first event over the past few weeks was the finale of Menopause the Musical at Sydney's Theatre Royal. The four women put on an amazing show and a great time was had by all at the celebration after the show!

My second event was the interesting Dead Man Walking starring the lovely Teddy Tahu Rhodes, Alan Jones, Anthony Callea and a stack more. It was an amazing emotional roller coaster with some amazing performances particularly from the humble Teddy Tahu.

It's only been in town a few weeks but I have managed to catch Miss Saigon for the third time! This however was the first time I cried, the beautiful story and truly heartbreaking end caused me to get a little emotional. I must say the more I see this show the more I love it. I managed to see a few more understudies and am dying to see it for my fourth time!

On the music front Big Day Out Sydney and Gold Coast tickets sold out quicker than ecstasy pills at Sydney's number one drug haunt Slide Nightclub.

Kanye West's third CD continues to show he really is the new king of Hip Hop, Justin Timberlake manages his 6th US Billboard top 100 single from his latest disc, Shit me Spear's CD will be released on the 30th of this Month after several tracks have been leaked, Kylie's new single "2 Hearts" has also been leaked and it's only a few more sleeps till this years ARIA Awards @ ACER Arena.

In VERY sad news also this week MYF Warhurst has decided to sell out and move to Triple M next year. It doesn't upset me a little and the thought of only Jay & the Doctor next year on JJJ breakfast is not that appealing.

I will be back soon with reviews on the latest STC production Don's Party, Ben Lee's Metro Theatre all ages gig and hopefully another stellar performance of Miss Saigon, please please please if you live in Sydney or Adelaide (opening early 2008) see this truly moving and beautiful love story which with each time you see it you feel more and more for the wonderful lead characters.

No comments: