Monday, October 29, 2007

Two films and a heartbreaking tale

Word up my random folk!

Happy ARIA's!

Another week of film and theatre this week as I dealt with yet another chest infection, people who I work with and read this, if your sick STAY HOME I don't need to miss another week at the gym or other social arrangements, that's what sick leave is created for SO TAKE IT!

On Thursday night I saw the Womb Raider AKA Brad Pitt's latest wife in "A Mighty Heart", what a story and what a role for Mrs. Pitt. An amazing true story of an amazing women and her heartbreaking life.S

aturday nana session I finally saw "Holding the Man" well, what a tear jerker! An amazing and very funny first half with some truly amazing performances from a small but extremely talented cast. I strongly recommended you catch this amazing piece of theatre, a truly inspiring piece and it shows that there is true love out there for everyone (with the exception of Shit me Spears).

Saturday night I had a random evening ending with the film "Good luck Chuck". This film was filmed in the street I lived in when I was over in Vancouver, so that was nice. The main character had an extremely hot body but a god awful face (so common).

He was Chuck and he was cursed, the it ran through the motions of boy meets girl, girl loses interest, boy fucks a fat chick, boy gets girl back. If this sounds dull, while it kinda is, some funny bits but maybe wait till it hit's the DVD store. I would file it under the DVD you rent when you want to bone that special someone and you need them to lose interest in the film very fast. My record is the opening credits to another film very similar to this.

Musically it is the night of the ARIA's but I did pick up a fantastic international release from former Moloko front bitch Roisin Murphy. This is her sophomore solo record "Overpowered", the two singles title track "Overpowered" and "Let me Know" are simply sexy.

Her sexy voice roars over a pure electro sounds cape that a lot of these young wanna be electro acts should tune into.

This CD makes the Veronica's "Hook me Up" sound like a HI-5 track for 3 year old's.It has taken me a while but I have also got into Angus & Julia's beautiful debut record "A book like this", simply bliss. So Sunday morning wrapped up with some hot trade you want to spend more than a quickie with. Beautiful.

Coming soon a review of Rhonda Bitchmore in Respect the Musical, NIDA this Thursday, I am sure another Miss Saigon review with also appear soon also many more CD reviews as I went a bit mental this week at JB-HI-FI.

Andrew OUT!

No comments: