Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Not SO Smashing Pumpkins

Well well, time to see one of the most successful alternative bands of all time.... After break ups, line up changes, Zwan, Billy's solo career and a few very interesting albums the Pumpkins were back for the V Festival.

Now when we got their distortion was on the menu, and then came a solid hour of amazing hits "Perfect" (a lovely acoustic version), "Today", "1979", "Everlasting Gaze" (my personal fav) and more.

This however was ruined by another 10 minutes of distortion, as I left before an obvious encore (I hate encores!!!!! - stop wanking out the back and just play your set straight PLEASE!), I heard the crowd echo my thoughts of the substandard behaviour towards the end of the gig.

The hour in the middle made the show however Billy is really turning into a complete tosser.

A total of 2 stars for last decades hottest property.

No comments: