Thursday, December 17, 2009

Film Freak - Where the Wild Things Are

Why, I ask Why are kids movies this year not really all that suitable for kids (see previous Up 3D review).

Now I Say this as the starting scene was enough to scare the short shorts off me! A kid growling bounding down stairs and chasing a rather large dog = scary!

Anyway firstly the music from Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeah's) is simply amazing, I loved every minute of her work on this movie, amazing! A soundtrack to be proud to own I say!

The movie now is good but a little long for a conversion from a children's book, however the effects, the wild things and the story is pretty cute, however slightly touching at the same time.

The movie has a lot going for it and I think if you want to stay out of the sun and stay in the cool this summer there is definitely a lot worse out there that you could sit through, 3 stars.

No comments: