Monday, April 5, 2010

My Album of the year search starts here

This year I will be awarding an album of the year on my BLOG, so far I have only managed to find two OUTSTANDING releases.

My first nomination for this highly prestigious award is Angus & Julia Stone from the Northern Beaches in Sydney's second release "Down the Way", featuring the three perfect singles "And the Boys", "Black Crow" & "Big Jet Plane". The second release is heartfelt, emotional and simply sublime Sunday morning listening. I think a big year will be had from this brother/sister team at this year's ARIA Awards.

Down the Way is sublime and simply sexy it is my first pick for the Album of 2010.

My second is also Australian, it comes from WA from a former American Mr John Butler and his new trio.

With a line up change and a monster lead single in "One Way Road" the John Butler trio have released the simply most amazing 5th studio release.

"April Uprising" is a terrific effort with amazing musicianship and great songwriting (something lacking in the years overseas releases to date).

The album features great catchy tunes like the latest smash "Lose to You". With a lot of 3 to 4 minute catchy tunes John Butler has earned a nomination for my favourite album of 2010.

No comments: