Monday, April 5, 2010

Theatre Alert - Love Me Tender

I must say I didn't enjoy my last Belvoir St show "Bent" downstairs but I went back for a look at the upstairs theatre's new show "Love Me Tender" featuring a live lamb, yes a live lamb!

This play was written by the same play write as "Beyond the Neck" from the downstairs theatre which I loved about the Port Arthur Massacre. This play on the other hand dealt with some fairly major issues and one in particular that if I am not mistaken was explored in their last production "That Face".

The play complete with yes a live lamb and full on MLIF dance to Britney's smash hit "Gimme More" is deep and sometimes hard to follow with the chorus doing most of the work on the plot development, however the more I thought about it the more I enjoyed it.

Love Me Tender rates 3 tender stars.

No comments: