Monday, May 10, 2010

A Weekend Full of Questions

I finished the mammoth Mother's Day weekend with a few big questions in my mind:

1. Did Melbourne Storm throw their game Vs Brisbane Broncos to make even more money?

2. Do any men still have hair on their legs?

3. Is 2010 a shit year in music?

4. Is Underbelly - The Golden Mile, the most uneventful, boring piece of dog shit on television?

I watched Melbourne Storm play one of the worst NRL games on the weekend and it begs the question, now they are not playing for points and or anything, did some players put a few thousand on the game at good odds to win some extra drinking money?

I had a lovely visit to the Central Coast on the weekend and I found not only myself but even suburban married men of all ages hairless (in the leg region), is there no men with hairy legs anymore? And what brought on this craze?

2010 has been a rather weak year for music, with only Angus & Julia Stone and the John Butler Trio really issuing amazing full feature releases. I did hear Kele from the Bloc Party's solo track a few times over the weekend and I think his solo effort packed with awesome producers could now be possibly one of the best CD's of 2010. We also have SIA's album coming next month HOORAY!

Underbelly the Golden Mile - WTF! Does anything ever happen, does anyone die? What is the point Channel 9?

This series has been so frustrating and I almost feel like switching off (ditto with the Pacific) but hey I need something to bitch about.

Stay tuned reviews and the road to Sadeide begins this week....

No comments: