Sunday, June 13, 2010

Finally back to the Theatre for a stage GEM!

Yes it has been a little while between drinks for me and a theatre review so here goes:

The Sapphires - Now Showing @ the Seymour Centre

Okay this is FAB! Hands down the most fun I have had at the Theatre since I would have to say Priscilla. I loved this true tale of four Aboriginal women who travelled to Vietnam to sing to the soldiers.

The story, the music and the acting were all top notch. Casey Donovan was simply blissful as one of the four sisters, Christine Anu was excellent and looked at home on the stage and young Hollie Andrews voice was a killer! This was sensational, think Bran Nue Dae but in Vietnam!

Amazing story, acting and great use of well known and popular songs.

I would have to say this was my favourite piece of theatre for the last financial year, it is tremendous and I don't have a single criticism.

The Sapphires, glows, sparkles and charms the pants off you, 4.5 stars.

No comments: