Monday, June 28, 2010

Wicked - It's only on till Mid September

So I thought it would be high time to check out the replacement for Rob Mills, young Tim Campbell. The show is flawless besides Bert Newton, and a change in the main characters is always a welcome arrival as this has been playing in Sydney and before that Melbourne for quite some time now.

The set and costumes are simply terrific, the songs are great and catchy and the main role of Lucy Durrack is always a thrill to watch. I missed who played Elphaba on the Saturday Matinee I attended but the wonderful Amanda Harrison has now left this role.

Tim Campbell was also a breathe of fresh air after how horrid Rob Mills (besides to look at) was.

So overall an enjoyable matinee and a fun day out at the theatre again, now being my fifth time seeing this one :)

I will give Wicked a welcome 3.5 stars for this fifth perfromance I have sat through.

No comments: