Sunday, October 27, 2013

One Erection


So a weekend of live music comes to end and I reflect on my loss of hearing (added to the fact I love having my I products up super loud, whether I be running or walking somewhere) and I believe I think I saw possibly the biggest bands right now last night, young folk ONE DIRECTION. Now this doesn't belong on my music blog cause I am not really going to talk to much about the music unlike Friday's Fall Out Boy.

So One Direction. They came third in the UK version of the X Factor a few years back when Dannii was judging a lot more talent (of course Dami Im - you are FAB and if that bogan Taylor wins (AKA Shannon Noll Version 2.0 - I will be very disappointed and I can't event put into words if Jai wins) and she actually won the X Factor year. One Direction didn't, they came third. The winner Matt Cardle (Dannii's main man) has done very little, second was Rebecca Ferguson and she is truly fab and her album last year proved you can be a reality TV finalist and release a listenable album.

Enough X Factor history because I actually think One Direction have moved away from the show and Simon Cowell as much as they possibly could.

Can I start with saying my experience begun with seeing scary parents being stressed and being stuck buying tickets to see a band who really is outgrowing it's 8-13 year old fan base. The boys are getting older and with that comes the need for their fan base to move on or discover the next cute boys next door.

So before the show @ Allphones Arena (formerly ACER Arena) I attended a Total Concert Experience which my darling friend Carly was a total queen at, door bitch and MC you rock honey boo boo child. I had a great time and thought the boys from the Collective did a good job warming up a room full of girls dancing and singing around in a frightful smell of BO and periods. All mixed in the room needed some deodorising which was in effect for the second half the post show Total Concert Experience.

So then it was show time.

The screams, the girls and the mums and dads (all loaded with Merch helping Harry and the boys laugh all the way to the bank) all went nuts for 5 young men from England: Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles & Louis Tomilnson.

Now I will look at the boys performances:

Niall Horan - Way more popular than when he first was on the X Factor
Zayn Malik - To say he looked bored would be a massive understatment
Liam Payne - Definitely turning into a handsome gentleman and maybe the most enjoyable to watch on stage.
Harry Styles - So not sure what Taylor Swift saw in him? Or he saw in her to be honest?
Louis Tomilnson - Most boring one for me to look at and under all the screams, vocally I didn't love his voice live.

The set list covered all the ladies favourites including the ones I knew "What Makes You Beautiful" (sang last in an obvious encore - happy to read NZ newcomer Lorde hates encores - you go girl), "One Thing", "Live While We're Young" & "Kiss You" whilst throwing in two covers, one randomly from Blondie ("One Way Or Another") and Wheatus ("Teenage Dirtbag"). The later had the crowd in raptures (including me - whatever happened to Wheatus????) and then as quick as it started, it was all over and the screams continued.

I am not sure if it was the best concert I have ever been to (actually I know it wasn't) but it was great to see a sold out venue all in love with the kids on the main stage, front and centre. A fun night however today dear readers I must pay tribute after the high of last night to the low of today, Matthew Richardson, R.I.P my step/half whatever brother, you had a troubled life but still I loved your letters and yes my handwriting is messy and I'm always in a rush, but thanks bro.....

No comments: