Saturday, April 21, 2018

A Tribute


To Avicii. I have to say I didn't always love his music but man, this boy is gone too soon and had way too much talent.

I never saw him live, but when I read the NY Times today and saw the headline, I thought clearly this was fake news, however sadly it's not.

The Swedish musician born in 1989 (7 years after me) gained worldwide success with Levels in 2011, until now I didn't know he actually was releasing music from 2008. Silhouettes was actually my favourite song of his (even up until now) and despite the amazing Aloe Blacc doing the vocals for Wake Me Up (one of his biggest hits), Silhouettes remained a solid favourite of mine.

He has produced/remixed everyone from Madonna to Coldplay, from Faithless to Robyn. He is a true star of the dance music scene.

This is a huge loss to the dance music family, Avicii, 28 is way too young.

Taking a break from my Australian music features to remember this great musician, he really made great party/club anthems, let's remember him now. R.I.P Tim Bergling.











No comments: