Monday, April 2, 2018

Bali Movie Matinee Madness - Ready Player One


Yes I did take off again to Bali for another long weekend, quick getaway, this time at Kuta Beachwalk I finally got to take in a Bali cinema experience. The recently release Ready Player One was showing with recliner chairs and blankets, nice.



I didn't have this on my radar, I was after Tomb Raider or maybe Blockers but I settled for this and in all honestly I was pleasantly surprised.

Aussie Ben Mendelsohn plays bad well and since leaving Silicon Valley T.J. Miller plays well T.J. Miller.

Newish comer Tye Sheridan does a decent job in the main role and Olivia Cooke is a likeable love interest.

Steven Spielberg throws all sorts of culture references across this film as well as a kick ass soundtrack with the likes of Hall & Oates, Blondie, Bee Gees, Twisted Sister and more.

The movie is fast paced and lot's of innocent action fun. Computer gamers will love this and pop culture nerds like myself might also be down for this action packed little sci-fi number.

I enjoyed this, 3.5 Stars.

No comments: