Sunday, April 22, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - I Feel Pretty


Amy Schumer is back and after the rather tame and at times lame, Snatched, I had high hopes for I Feel Pretty. How'd it go? Well...



So my favourite gym class right now is (Sorry Rach and Anna and all the Body Attack instructors out there) it's Sprint. No, not running sprints silly, it's on a bike.

So well this film spoke to me on an insecurities level and a fitness level.

We all feel like shit some of the time, all of the time or if you are Israel Folau, you just think you are right and anyone different is going to Hell.

So I Feel Pretty, it comes after the brilliant Trainwreck, the so-so Snatched so it comes with a bit of pressure.

Naomi Campbell and Michelle Williams also star in this girl power spin class comedy. There are funny moments, inspirational moments and one killer Schumer monologue and like most comedies that drift above 90 minutes it has a lacklustre lull, you'll know it when you get to it.

Don't get me wrong this film was FUN, I enjoyed it, laughed and after a long ass week it was a good start to the weekend after a rather alarming eye test. Getting old is not much fun.

I Feel Pretty scores an impressive 3.5 Stars.

No comments: