Monday, July 2, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - Adrift


The movie poster looks like another Nicholas Sparks novel, ehhhhhh, the trailer is what this is all about and man this is a powerful film, plus it's a true story.

Well there is some creative additions to the film, however it's mostly Tami Oldman's tale. Actually until the credits rolled I never knew before entering the cinema this was a true story, good to go into the cinema knowing little about the film.

I am trying to read up less and less on the films I am going to see and I can tell you know, it's a good way to go.



Shailene Woodley is fabulous, she was part of that amazing series Big Little Lies and now she is a dreamy leading lady on the sea. I love her, love this role and she shines as a true survivor. So much so she could have joined Kelly, Michelle and Beyonce (Queen Beyonce) in the DC line up.

I highly rated this film, I popped off and saw two films over the weekend and both were actually good, but this was a surprisingly good film. I was moved, engaged and so into this at sea drama. Well done all, a great film, a tough tale to tell and well edited to keep this around 90 minutes.

4 Stars.

No comments: