Friday, July 13, 2018

Sharp Objects


HBO is trying to create 2018 Big Little Lies with Amy Adams led series Sharp Objects. Yet another book (this time from Gillian Flynn) turned TV series on America's premium cable station HBO.

So to put this in context Gillian Flynn was the author behind one of my favourite films, Gone Girl.

I was not 100% sold on episode one but really keen to keep up with the next seven episodes. I do love a six or eight episode mini series however, we all thought Big Little Lies was a one season run, however I will be happy to see Reese across from Nicole on the screen again!



So if the trailer doesn't grab you (it did grab me) maybe give it a miss, despite it being the Summer in the USA, there is still tonnes of good shit on right now, like Animal Kingdom and Claws.

Sharp Objects is my replacement for Handmaid's Tale on my TV dance card and it may well be as depressing and slow (in parts) as the Hulu original.

Sharp Objects is on Foxtel on Mondays, USA Sunday nights on HBO.

No comments: