Sunday, February 28, 2021

Binged 2021 - The Haunting of Bly Manor

I didn't love The Haunting of Hill House, I can't even recall when I watched it, it could have been throughout the blur that was 2020. However following my absence this week, I did finish The Haunting of Bly Manor the other day.

This is the second entry in Flanagan's The Haunting anthology series. Acting as a follow-up to the 2018 series mentioned above. It features a number of Hill House's same cast, but the two series' narratives are not connected.

Landing on Netflix in October, 2020 I was knee deep in Normal People on Stan, Wentworth concluding its first part of the 8th season and whatever I could get my hands on.


The Haunting of Bly Manor follows the events occurring in a countryside manor in the United Kingdom. With the arrival of a young American hired as an au pair for the two children living at Bly. Whilst being unaware that the manor is haunted. 

It stars Victoria Pedretti, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Amelia Eve, T'Nia Miller, Rahul Kohli, Tahirah Sharif, Amelie Bea Smith, Benjamin Evan Ainsworth, and Henry Thomas; Pedretti, Jackson-Cohen and Thomas returned from Hill House as different characters, as did Kate Siegel, Carla Gugino, and Catherine Parker in recurring roles.

There are no plans at this stage for a third haunting story however the critics love these series and the show was a hit again in its second season.

I enjoyed this way The Haunting of Hill House, it wasn't perfect but it felt like bloated than the first season. Cutting an episode in the count also helped binged this bad boy nice and quick. If unlike me you still have access to a Netflix log in, give it a go if Horror is your bag.

No comments: