Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Binged 2021 - The Newsreader

Following big wins at the 11th AACTA Awards. The Newsreader is my latest holiday Binge.

The Newsreader won Best Drama Series, Best Lead Actress in a Drama (Anna Torv), Best Supporting Actor in a Drama (William McInnes), Best Direction in a Drama or Comedy (Emma Freeman) and Best Production Design in Television (Melinda Doring). 

The 6-part series premiered on 15 August 2021 concluding mid September. By this time I was knee deep in HBO, streaming and other series holding me back from watching this ABC series.


I believe I have now watched all 2021 ABC. Wakefield, Fires, Total Control Season Two, although I have never started Harrow.

In relation to the other ABC dramas this was by far not the best, however it won a pile of prizes so...

Don't get me wrong once I was knee deep in I was glued, however the first episode took a bit to get into. Chai Hansen however is super handsome AF!

With all the finales around/bingable series dropping left right and centre. It was nice to take time to catch up on a series that was creating big waves in 2021.

Well done ABC, you've had a huge year with the dramas this year. Let's hope 2022 serves up even more tasty drama treats!

No comments: