Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Post Strike Cinema 24' - Night Swim

What have I been doing all summer break? Swimming, so was Night Swim the best film to see at the end of my (now over) holidays?

Well it also had been poorly reviewed prior to me sitting down to watch this Jason Blum and James Wan produced supernatural horror film.

Yes there are supernatural elements, however it's more just based around a suburban family pool. A film should always worry me (like Cat Person) when it's based on a short film of the same name by McGuire and Rod Blackhurst. 

Starring no one major other than, Wyatt Russell and Kerry Condon. This is probably one of Jason Blum and James Wan least scary efforts. I feel like Blumhouse Productions were everywhere, now it's A24 or bust.


So spoilers, however there are some jump scares. But mostly a tame viewing.

Probably not the best time of the year to release a horror film when a lot of folks around this fine brown land are spending time around the family or neighbourhood pool.

Will it stop me swimming? NAH!

2 Stars.

No comments: