Friday, January 5, 2024

Post Strike (HOME) Cinema 24' - Finestkind

Finestkind is another direct to Paramount+ film. Let's just say cinema and films struggled in 2023, I am hoping for a lot more in 2024. This however was a late 2023 viewing for me. It does however star, queen of screen (big and small) of present Jenna Ortega. Who may return for Wednesday, but not the next instalment of Scream.

Finestkind is a crime thriller family drama starring alongside Ortega, Ben Foster, Toby Wallace, Ismael Cruz Córdova & screen legend, Tommy Lee Jones.

So whats it about you ask? Should I invest the 2 hour running time?

Look in the old days this would be a straight to DVD or video release. It looks fairly cheaply made, with a fairly average cast. Excluding IT girl, Jenna Ortega.

Based in New Bedford, Massachusetts, this family fishing drama, come crime film doesn't really every reach the highest of heights.


Real life drama has also followed the film, with a cinematographer allegedly they were never paid $25,000 he was under contract for.

Look I had this on in the background whilst I did a summer clean, so I can't say I completely wasted my time.

But Paramount+ need to do a little better with their next original films. 1.5 Stars.

No comments: