Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Could this be the best piece of Theatre for 2010

The Book of Everything - Belvoir St Theatre

This season has now finished and I caught the final performance, well let's face it I love a closing night, opening night is full of nerves, expectations and disappointments. Closing night is one giant party and back to the local cafes for the actors.

This play was simply amazing!

Written by Richard Tulloch Adapted from the Novel byGuus Kuijer this was simply wonderful to sit through!

The actors as below:

Alison Bell, Peter Carroll, Julie Forsyth, Iain Grandage, Claire Jones, Deborah Kennedy, John Leary, Yael Stone and Matthew Whittet

Make casts like the Twilight Saga (yes watching one of those films is a saga, how can I kill myself quickly and quietly in a cinemnaplex!) look like a bunch of pre-pubescent random emo gothic has beens. With the occasional jock thrown in, that werewolf dude with the waxed chest and apparently is boning that horrid Taylor Swiftless.

Anyway back to the play, being on holidays my concentration is out the window.

The play was almost a kids story with grown up bits chucked in for good measure. A little bit of audience participation in the 2nd act also helped keep me ready for more.

I loved all the characters and Neil armfield has worked wonders directing this number.

This could actually be my favourite play I have seen in a while and I want to give it 4.75 stars!

Almost perfect!

No comments: