Friday, July 30, 2010

Going Head First into Goldfrapp @ the Big Top

Okay I will be the first to say I was extremely disapointed by the new Goldfrapp CD at first listen besides the terrific track - Shiny & Warm.

But seeing this terrific group @ the Big Top @ Luna Park was a real treat. And amazingly enough and theuir new songs happened to be the best. They started oiut with some old favourites and moved through their set list like old pros.

The new tracks like "Rocket" and "Beliver" were terrific as was the above mentioned "Shiny & Warm".

I really enjoyed the great atomsphere and the crowd being that little older also made the event much more enjoyable.

Great gig, great venue (the last time I went there was for the Hilltop Hoods - years ago and I hated it but the sound and the crowd was a lot better this time around).

Overall Goldfrapp really are a top act and I think if Kylie had half the song writting skills and production skills as them she may have a number 1 Australian Album. Goldfrapp live really rates, 4 BIG TOP stars.

No comments: