Monday, September 6, 2010

Album of the year - LIVE UPDATE! - John Butler Trio

Last week's installment saw me trek over to Sydney's Enmore Theatre for a rather lackluster performance from Angus + Julia Stone and this previous week I made my way to the John Butler Trio + Blue King Brown at Sydney's Hordern Pavillion.

I must say in the search for the album of the year this year I had in my mind a clear winner until Friday night. The John Butler Trio played the most impressive set in months. They started with "Pickapart" a massive fav of mine from their extensive back catalogue.

They played through gems from all their albums and a lot from the two most recent, "Grand National" and "April Uprising".

Blue King Brown also were terrific and a great pairing for the support. A good support and good pairing is rare these days so this was terrific.

Overall this set was polished, professional and the set list could not have been any better. I was so impressed I am giving this one a big 4.75 stars. AMAZING show and an amazing album, from the John Butler Trio, ARIA Awards here we go JBT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review! We do promo for JBT and Blue King Brown. Drop me a line at stephen@sgcmedia.com so we can keep you up to date with news and new music.