Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mark Ronson @ the Enmore

Okay I loved Version, I liked Record Collection and Ohh Wee from his first disc was a fav for a moment or two, so I was in two minds about his gig, how will the guest vocalists work? What songs will he include in his set? ow will this whole thing go down?

Well it went down well and the song choice was ace including some originals from the guests and some surprises along the way. The Bike Song was dropped early in the mix which was a huge crowd pleaser.

"Somebody to Love Me" and "Bang Bang Bang" were also awesome however it was the intermission DJ set which blew my mind. It had everything from a remix of Bang Bang Bang to Depeche Mode, LOVED IT! Mark Ronson and his guests namely the fab Spank Rock, MDNA, the dude from Phantom Planet and the dude from Miike Snow all made appearances.

Mark Ronson undoubtably has a huge following in this fine land and I now for one will definitely looking forward to seeing his live experience next time it rolls around.

Mark Ronson at the Enmore made me smile, dance and laugh on a Friday night and for that he gets 3 and a half solid as stars.

No comments: