Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Highs and Lows of Auditions


Yesterday was one of the strangest days of my life, I put my life in the hands of god and stood up and tried to be counted as one of the upcoming housemates for the 2012 season of Big Brother.

After a long absence from the TV screens Big Brother will be back in 2012 at some stage and yes I did (well a part of me) wanted to be a part of it.

I have never auditioned or applied for anything like this and after 5 hours and not eating or drinking, I think this may be my first and last appearance in an audition line.

The line wasn't too long to start but then the real waiting started as the doors opened at 8am, by around 11am I went through to the first stage which was great and I did okay, but the good news was of my group of 12 I went through to round two.

Then another 30 minutes of sitting around with no talking or mobile phones.  Then round 2 with another group of 20 launched into effect and my boy this was loads harder and the BIG personalities in the room was intense.

So by now my Big Brother 2012 run had come to an end.  Yes I made it through one round, then missed the next.  The next round, stage 3 or round 3 would have been a one on one chat with a senior producer of the show, would have loved to get there, but who could compete with a Brazilian male stripper (20 years old), an under 20 refugee with loads of big ideas and opinions & a 30 year very left leaning male after school child care centre manager.

Oh boy, maybe next year or maybe not, all I know is I will be tuning in for the 2012 run!


No comments: