Monday, May 13, 2013

RE: Mothers Day


A great family day to be had is Mothers Day but how many families had disagreements or issues yesterday, that is what I wonder. Whenever there is forced family time these hidden issues always seem to rise like a good cake.

But all those family issues aside I must say people watching yesterday was so divine, mums with their daughters, daughters with their mums and grandma's and to be honest who else in the world should we be more thankful for than our mums. Yeah some people think God is the shit but really this woman who gave birth to you spread her legs, shit and piss herself and lost all dignity to have you. This woman has helped you through thick and thin. Mum's are the shit in my books.

I loved people watching and seeing families connect (maybe in my opening only to disconnect if they were your typical Aussie family and get shit faced over lunch) and spend some quality Sunday time together. Broadway shops has never been quieter I must say, it was like lunchtime and everyone had legged it somewhere else.

And no I am not racist saying most Aussie piss it up the wall any chance they can get, I am full Aussie (unfortunately - at times) however I like to think of myself as not the Shire style Aussie, just inner city Aussie who looks at Australia Day parties (other than JJJ Hottest 100 ones) and thinks FML, other countries have culture and traditions, what do we have? Drinking and Celebrity Splash (oh shit that isn't even our own either - NOOOOOOO so all these reality shows have been created OS and then some dumb fat cunt at Nine or Seven thought wow cooking, wow celebrities being apprentices, wow home improvement and the list of fails goes on) and the odd BBQ.

So Mother's Day for me it's all about the positives, FAMILY, TIME TO CHILL & GOOD FOOD.

Other than this rant, I still love music and if you remember last year Frank Ocean's - Channel Orange got my nod of approval & now this year the race is finally on and first up:

Rudimental - Home

And also a new Countdown was also uploaded last night - so check it OUT!

This week hopefully I will catch Spring Breakers but if you love Music (& your Mum) keep an eye on Flashing off the Record for heaps of choice updates!

No comments: