Saturday, April 8, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {CHiPs}


It's school holidays in NSW, parents are pulling there hair out with what to do with young children, and this my parents out there is not 101 minutes of school holiday entertainment, it's CHiPS.



Look I have not heard nor read a positive review about this film this week, but hey come on, it's got a red band trailer (above), it's going to be sexy and there is going to bit a shit tonne of swearing it, deal with it.

That's not the problem though (the sexy swearing and rimming talk) it's, the film just is not funny. Like seriously it's ok as a drama (but it's a action-comedy?), I sat there smirking like a 13 year old hearing about yoga pants as a turn on for the first time. Nice product placement for LuLu Lemon though.

Well maybe not as LuLu Lemon yoga pants actually encouraged public masturbation from Michael Pena. That is the problem too, Michael Pena is usually in better films, like The Lincoln Lawyer, End of Watch, The Martian, Ant-Man and I am yet to watch it but War on Everyone seemed a little similar to this film.

Look I hated seeing the lazy reviews this week and all I wanted to do was have a laugh this Saturday after a horrid news week leaving me unable to post many Good News Month posts.

This was a let down but mainly because the cast has so much potential between them, Kristen Bell, Pena, Adam Brody, Maya Rudolph and more.

Look it isn't much more than a 1 Star film but I like Michael Pena so I will give it a kind 1.5 Stars.

No comments: