Monday, April 17, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Dance Academy}


It's the end of Easter (sad face) and at one stage I thought it would never end, but hey we are here and out of four days I got through the two films I wanted to see, one The Fate of the Furious (review HERE) and now Dance Academy.



I've seen some great Aussie films already this year, Lion and Jasper Jones and Dance Academy is the first TV to film movie I have seen this year.

I have only watched bits and pieces of the show on TV so I have roughly 65 episodes to catch up on. Damn along with all my current US dramas and the Summer series on the way I am doomed!

Dance Academy is a lot of funny, although lead Tara Webster (Xenia Goodwin) is really not that likeable or enjoyable as a lead. Thomas Lacey is a lovely boy in real life and a nice addition to this film, however the real star and handsome character is Christian Reed, Jordan Rodrigues. He needs a haircut although his character and him in general, 100% adorable.

Keiynan Lonsdale as a gay is a little strange as he is kid Flash in the hit US superhero drama The Flash.

I enjoyed this over long episode of the hit ABC series and hope another film or TV series comes out of this. It was a good effort with a heap of great music thrown into the mix as well some hot as dancing.

This isn't perfect but it's damn sweet fun, 3.5 Stars.

No comments: