Sunday, September 10, 2017

American Horror Story | Season Seven


American Horror Story's seventh season commenced this week and it's called "Cult".

Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Cheyenne Jackson return to the AHS series and Murphy TV kings & Scream Queens Colton Haynes, Emma Roberts & Billie Lourd join the fold.

Ryan Murphy has recently announced he is following Shonda to Netflix with a new series starring, surprise Sarah Paulson so will he soon leave US free to air TV too?

I loved the last series last year Roanoke and I think ten episodes worked well with this "horror" format.



So this series Clowns are back in vogue and the US election is front and centre.

Donald Trump is truly terrifying and so are clowns, however with It about to land is it clown overload? I wasn't 100% sold on the first episode, it was slightly down on last years first episode. You actually need to go back to season two for a season opener to rate as bad as this week's episode.

But do ratings mean everything or is social media and online comments more important? Not that I know all about social media.

I will be interested to see where this goes. With eleven episodes to play out we have ten more to come most likely to wrap up before Christmas 2017.

Until mid next week, American Horror Story make me proud, I love Ryan Murphy's work and I have to say I can not wait for American Crime Stories next instalment.

No comments: