Saturday, September 16, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Girls Trip}


YASS Queen! It was Friday and I saw as FUCK needed a comedy, Girls Trip 100% delivered. It felt like forever since I had been to the movies, with working, gym classes and Ariana bitch I've been busy!

Girls Trip is that Friday film that mixes rude humour and friendship and I saw it with two work girlfriends who as a trio we identify as Destiny's Child.

I am thirsty for Queen Latifah returning in Empire Version 2.0 AKA Star September 27 with a crossover (apparently) episode with said show Empire. Shit!



Now to Girls trip, along with the Queen, Jada Pickett Smith (Gotham, Will Smith's wife and shortest Girl in the Flossy Posse), Regina Hall and Tiffany Haddish, this film is laugh out loud, piss yo self funny.

Starring in cameo rolls a swag of musical talent from Mariah (Empire reference number two), Ne-Yo (I think his been in Empire), Faith Evans, P.Diddy and loads more! This movie is a cameo magnet.

For a budget of just under thirty million, the film has currently taken in 130 million big ones. In the recent cinema climate, this is huge. Along with a decent box office return the film has been well received by the critics.

I enjoyed my return to the cinema and this film had some great one liners, scenes and eye candy. I enjoyed this as much as I expected to going in and give it a glowing 4 shiny as fuck Stars.

No comments: