Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Silver Screen in 2017 {Mother!}


Wow critics either love or hate Mother! And me I don't know if I loved or hated it. It felt like a few films in one and really for a sneaky Wednesday night outing to the cinema, it was as heavy as fuck in some scenes.



With horror and Jennifer Lawrence everywhere you look at the cinema these days it was refreshing to see her outside of her Hunger Games days, but I was afraid, very afraid in parts.

Javier Bardem is freaky as fuck and Michelle Pfeiffer is refreshing to have back on the big screen. Ed Harris fresh from Westworld is creepy as hell and Kristen Wiig is honestly bizarre in her role.

This film will not appeal to many people and a friend at work questioned my choice of film for the evening, however I had only seen the trailer and had not read too much into the plot of spoilers.

It was tense for the most part but I agree with what I have now read the ending was all over the shop.

That said I do like Lawrence and I enjoyed parts of the film, so will pass it with 2.5 Stars. Goodnight dear readers.

No comments: