Friday, September 22, 2017

I went to the Church of London Grammar


Last night at Sydney's iconic Hodern Pav I was lucky enough to see the divine three piece from London, London Grammar.

The trio now on their second record are here playing sold out shows with a few more next week. The church of London Grammar was open and booted off with a marverlous version of Rooting for You.

From that moment the group had the crowd eating out of their hands, from Help Me Lose My Mind (a bit more rock n roll than the original Disclosure track), Wasting My Young Years, Hey Now, Big Picture and then came the "final" song Strong.

With all the hits the group came back for a three track encore. Now I don't love encores usually but I do like Oh Woman, Oh Man which was track two in the encore.

Their latest album Truth is a Beautiful Thing is stunning, If You Wait their debut was drop dead divine so it was really nice to spend my Thursday evening with the divine, sublime and supremely talented London Grammar. Hannah Reid's voice is exactly as amazing as on their records which is now a rare thang.

For more music, a Sunday Spotlight shining the light on Cut Copy, go to my other BLOG....http://flashingofftherecord.blogspot.com.au/

RELATED AUDIO:






No comments: