Monday, May 28, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - Deadpool 2


Ryan Reynolds and Marvel are back with the R Rated (MA rated in Australia) anti superhero film, Deadpool 2.



Marvel are not 100% happy with controlling all screens, all sessions in Australia with the Avengers film, so it's the second superhero film for May 2018.

Whilst I have not seen the new Avengers film, I feel a little worn out with the comic book stars, after demolishing the fourth season of S.H.I.E.L.D. I feel I need a wee break. However Deadpool is no regular superhero affair, it has plenty of F bombs (and in this films case C bombs) plus the violence is off the hook, literally full metal racket off the hook.

Joining Ryan Reynolds is a cast of thousands this time around. Like X-Men and Avengers films, whats better than one superhero? Many superheros.

Josh Brolin plays Cable who isn't really a bad guy and NZ youngster Julian Dennison gets his international/big break as Firefist and their are cameos galore for the comic book tragics out there.

Now I loved Deadpool's original film, however this one for me was a bit much of a muchness. Also the avenging of a loved one is so Death Wish a few months ago.

Maybe I am getting old or just want something original on the big or small screen, but this was not the best superhero film I have seen of late. Black Panther was such a better more classy effort, also with better (original) music. Using Celine Dion and tragic old school hits is cute but done before.

I also saw Life of the Party which I had low to no exceptions almost right after so I am a little swayed with my reviews for the two films this weekend.

No one cares what I think or what other reviewers think, this film is going to be a hit, actually it already is. Taking in over 370 million thus far against a budget of 110 million.

Deadpool 2, a third is definitely coming, jumping on board the Marvel gravy train and a cinema complex near you. Also we don't have long till July, when Ant-Man and the Wasp will be coming to a cinema near you.

Deadpool is funny in parts and does pack a punch with some fun action scenes and fun it pokes at it's own genre so I am going to be generous and give it three F bomb Stars.

No comments: