Monday, October 22, 2018

Movie Matinee Madness - Bad Times at the El Royale


Like an old school murder mystery, who will be the last one standing, Bad Times at the El Royale has a Tarantino feel with some star power to boot.

Following her 50 Shades exposure, Dakota Johnson joins Jeff Bridges, a Hemsworth and a cast of talented actors including UK musical star Cynthia Erivo.



I always mark films down for being too long and playing for almost 2 and a half hours there are some issues with the pacing in this film. Some of the film just lingers in scenes for too long, however the final showdown is all worth it.

After a weekend off at the movies last week I was grateful to be back at the cinema and honestly I am happy to overlook a longer film this week as I missed one last week.

Bad Times at the El Royale is solid, with some solid soul classics performed by Cynthia Erivo, Mr Hemsworth after my fitness assessment yesterday made me feel that winter has been particularly harsh this year.

Overall this was a good film outing, with A Star is Born out now this will stall at the box office, however I give it a solid 3.5 Stars.

No comments: