Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Cinema Slut #2019 - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood


Star studded and Quentin Jerome Tarantino 9th film (Kill Parts I & II considered one film) Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is now screening in North America.

Yes I am in Vancouver so I will keep this brief. Whilst jet lagged as a mother fucker in San Francisco I took in the latest Tarantino film starring Pitt and DiCaprio.

Ok I generally hate long films, whilst Once Upon clocks in at 161 minutes, it's fun, Margot Robbie is delightful as always while Luke Perry and Laura Dern's dad Bruce even have smaller roles.



It all peaks towards the end when you thought you had escaped any real violence, then it comes. Boy does it come hard.

The movie is a fun loving look at Hollywood whilst knitting together real life characters like Charles Manson and Roman Polanski.

The movie opens in Australia on August 15, so don't get me started, distributors if you want to cut down on piracy, international releases for large titles such as this. Come on is it that hard? I know Australia is a small territory and most folks don't know where we are, but come on.

End of rant.

Review totals a sum of 3.5 Stars, so much star power, such a long sitting, go to the toilet during the last credits if you have a weak bladder like me.

No comments: