Wednesday, February 12, 2020

#SUMMER-BINGE-FEST - The Morning Show (American TV series) / Morning Wars (Australian title)


I am half way through this Apple TV+ series, for Apple this series has done fairly well, winning some awards early on. Up against giants like Netflix and HBO, it's hard to standout against the pack. Not to mention the big impact Disney + have already made in such a short period.

Disney is killing it, however Apple are yet to have that big moment.

With limited programming a lot of people I speak to are only using this service -

1. Because they got a year free with an Apple purchase
2. To watch this show

I love Reese Witherspoon, whilst Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell I could take it or leave them.



So I have five episodes to go, it's been a slow start for me, due to Apple not having this as an app on my smart TV.

Another issue is casting from a phone or my laptop, it's kinda a pain in the asshole. Also the episodes are LONG!

It starts strong, I am hooked, I am a fan, however if there was a Netflix or Stan style app on my TV, I would have finished this already.

I know Apple have tonnes of money to burn, however I think the tech company needs to hurry up and ramp up their streaming service. Right now it feels a little weak on the content front.

So my final word on this show will come out when I post my #RATED Summer list. Stay tuned, summer is almost over THANK FUCK!

No comments: