Tuesday, November 10, 2020

#COVID-19 CATCH UP TV - PEN15

PEN15 has been sitting on my STAN list for a while. Once I started season one, I just got in there and got the one point five series done. Yes 1.5, season one aired in February, 2019 whilst the first half of season two commenced in September, 2020.

Another 7 episodes are scheduled to come in 2021 and my word, they cannot come soon enough! The world needs scripted comedy right now. And I'm not talking about booking the wrong Four Seasons for a press conference.

Airing in the States on Hulu, this comedy series created by Maya Erskine, Anna Konkle, and Sam Zvibleman is everything about the early 2000's I love. Everything about high school and how awkward growing up was.

Starring both Erskine and Konkle, who play 13 year versions of themselves along with real 13 year olds.


So this series sounds like a different idea for a comedy. Right. It's different and my word does it work.

I laughed so hard throughout season one and two (half thus far) when I really needed a good laugh.

It's rare to find a good comedy that is as consistent as Veep and original all at once.

If you are looking for a new show to binge as 2020 (thank god) draws to a close PEN15 could be your new addiction. With some series finally returning stateside. Grey's Anatomy, Station 19 and The Blacklist all return this week in the divided States of America.

However I have two more #COVID-19 CATCH UP TV series to bring you this week. Yes two. Even though I was glued to the news (plus Four Corners last night, wow, wow, that's all I can say) I managed to binge two more 6 x 30 minute comedies. Both very different.

So PEN15 streams now on STAN. Get amongst it!

No comments: