Saturday, November 21, 2020

COVID-Cinema 2020 - Fatman

Oh dear my second Mel Gibson film of 2020. Pre 2020 I can't remember the last Mel Gibson film I had seen. COVID-Cinema 2020 is really gives us some lemons.

Fatman is considered a black comedy action thriller film starring Mel Gibson and the wonderful Walton Goggins from Vice Principals and The Righteous Gemstones.

So the basic plot of this film is as bat shit crazy as Force of Nature (spoiler alert - a 2 star film), Santa Claus who must fight off an assassin sent by a vengeful kid to kill him.[5]

Oh boy, I wanted to enjoy this and I thought during the week I was generous to Freaky giving it three stars, however that film was so much more than this film could ever be.


I really like Walton Goggins in his TV roles, but this is a pre Christmas turkey. And can I just say retailers and large shopping centres. It's still November people, what do you have left to offer the punters in December? I have never seen Christmas come early like this before.

No joke today a man wearing a Santa hat stopped in front of me just behind the Capitol Theatre and pissed on Pitt Street mid afternoon. Oh the joys of the holiday season.

Now to put Fatman out of it's misery. This is a sad one star film. Sorry Mel, it's time to hang up the hat.

No comments: