Monday, April 28, 2008

Film Freak: Prom Night

Now can I just say this movie gets a huge WELL DONE for not creating gory death scenes, what is it with today's horror movies all being about gore and not the jump (4 my love) factor. Sorry about the disco reference but I just couldn't help myself.

This is another remake of an early Jamie Lee Curtis film and stars some very B Grade actors alongside the sexy Jonathon Schaech (don't know who he is, Google him, NOW!).

Jonathon's character is the deranged serial killer who in my mind is way too good looking to be scary, I mean if I was alone in a room with him, well let's stop there.

This film does have more jump scenes than Jumper (see previous review, in brief - CRAP!), believable villain movements (he doesn't run faster than Cathy Freeman or swim faster than those zany new swim suits) and the plot is believable.

Overall a decent teen slasher flick 3 stars.

No comments: