Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hottest 100 2009

Now I leaked the number one earlier this month and I think that basically spoiled the entire day, however with that the countdown did seem to be missing something this year, the announcers were rather odd combos Richard the King Kingsmill and Vijay and Zan & the Doctor EEEEEEHHHH WTF?

Anyway Mumford and Sons - my top pick for the one hit wonder of 2009 did win by a lot by there were some random songs in the top 10 I didn't except for example the below:

Art vs. Science - Parlez Vous Francais? (yay go Sydney but WTF?)
Lisa Mitchell - Coin Laundry (in love with the album but where are the great album tracks in the countdown?)

There was a few less Aussie songs than usual and there were some big ones missing Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition? Hilltop Hoods - Light You Burned?

Can't believe it!

Anyway until next year, I still prefer my 100 best song lists!

No comments: