Monday, January 18, 2010

Offical Bran Nue Dae Review

Bran Nue Dae is seriously one of the most amazing films I have ever seen, and it really hurts me to read some rather horrid reviews. Yes it’s a musical, yes soon scenes aren’t shoot all that well, yes every movie has issues that only critics who are looking for them would pick up. Your average Martha would not even pick up if the film stopped for five minutes.

Now onto the movie after my soapbox rant. I don’t like Jessica Maubouy but this film turned me around, she is naturally beautiful and does actually have a good voice. Missy Higgins was just dreamy as an annoying hippie and her songs in the movie were delightful.

Ernie Dingo was simply awesome ditto for Magda. Dan Sultan is just simply sex on legs and an awesome talent, Deb Mailman is a terrific sleazy drunk and Geoffrey rush is a hoot!

I truly believe this film for it’s amazing vocal performances, it’s light hearted look at a lot of issues facing the youth of the nation and aboriginals. This was a refreshing coming of age film when there are so many crap ones out there.

A big 5 stars for a Bran Nue Dae

No comments: